Monday, November 12, 2012

Busy Week


Last week was full of friends and family. My daughter and her family were here visiting from Italy. Perhaps you saw my blog about the great felted soap making adventure. Five year old Robin asked me to show her how to make felt. She saw people making felt in Italy, but she was too young to join the workshop, all those sharp needles you know. Like me, having been denied, she became determined to try, so we made felted soap and then a small "picture". I wonder why I didn't take a photo of that? Anyway, between eating and visiting, my daughter, Bonnie also helped me unravel a sweater from the thrift store which I then dyed--two skeins in red, two in green. We visited a favorite yarn shop and went to The Kid and Ewe Festival where we took a class in spinning on a hand spindle. Big fun. But then, their last night here, I suddenly came down with some sort of stomach virus. There I was, happily watching A&M  win a football game, when I had to take to my bed. My visiting family left yesterday and I am just thankful that the mystery illness didn't strike until the last evening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: