Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Knitting Fever

I am taking a break from my other stitching by doing a little hand knitting. I thought I might learn Anna Zilboorg's technique for making "Free-sole" socks, and I couldn't put it down. Consequently, I only have a few more rows to go on this one and then I will reverse the colors and do the other one. I tried a lot of different things while working on this--ways to hold the yarn, turning the work inside out etc.  My two color knitting needs a lot of work. More practice!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

That's one wonderful sock!

silk said...

Hi Sara. Beautiful sock. I've never tried the magic loop (I assume that's what you're using.) I knit with double points with the sock inside out. I don't know which way is recommended but inside out seems to work for me. Have a lovely weekend, Nancy