Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ledger Page


Here is a completed double page spread in my ledger/sketchbook. Earlier, I posted a photo of the drawing on the right hand page. Since then, I have added an overleaf on the drawing--some embroidered circles on net--as well as the two large circles with petals. These large circles are made from two coffee filters, naturally dyed with Poinsettia petals, sandwiched between sheets of waxed paper, and then stitched by hand and machine.  All of these over-lays will lift up.......  

2 comments:

Rose said...

Love this! Love the use of coffee filters!

karen said...

lift up equals hiding place....kind of equals secret pocket....it's all good as far as I can see!! and I loved your idea of keeping my 3 pieces in a box. I better not do that with those pieces but it's something to think about for the future....