Sunday, December 1, 2013

Helix Knitting



                                                                      I live to learn.
I read something about Helix Knitting and decided I had to try it. I thought it might be the perfect thing to do with some of the 1 ounce balls of yarn I made when I was first learning to spin. I rummaged around in the box and came up with four that looked all right together. Don't worry. I am not going to explain how to Helix Knit. Please look it up if you want to give it a try. Basically, it is knitting stripes in a spiral with consecutive colors. It is fun to do, but make sure the cast on is not twisted when you join the circle. I did that the first time and had to unravel it. That is OK because I needed a different size needle anyway. It is hard to see the stripes in the photo, but they are there. I hear you. What is it? I don't know. It is a "ring". It makes a fun Cowl or even a Headband/hat. Festive don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: