Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dishwashing

The dishwasher at my house has been out of comission for several weeks. It was leaking water all over the floor. The repair man is coming today with the new parts. When you live in a small town in the hills, it takes a while! Meanwhile, we have been hand washing the dishes, which is no big deal except that my Mother doesn't remember that the dishwasher is broken. She helpfully cleans up the kitchen several times a day, neatly placing the dishes in the dishwasher. Later, I come through and take them all out, reminding her that the dishwasher is not working. "Oh that's right, " she says, "Now that I know, I won't do it again". An hour or so later, I go in the kitchen to get something and all the dishes are back in the dishwasher. I take them all out again. "Oh, says my Mother, "Are those clean?" "No," I say, "but the dishwasher is not working." "It's not working! What is wrong with it?" she says. "I will just wash these up." This happens a dozen times a day. It could be a routine on the Comedy Channel. Finally I come in and find her washing the dishes. She is using the liquid floor cleaner as the soap. Will we survive? It is touch and go.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: