Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy Feet

 
Here are a couple of things I am working on or have finished. Remember the Socks That Never End?Well, here they are on my feet this morning. Good thing too as it is 53 degrees and windy. The top photo shows some yarn I spun a couple of days ago. It is probably the thinnest yarn I have ever spun. I am disappointed in it though. I carded the batt with ochre colored wool, white Alpaca and a bit of sparkle. Right off the carder, it looked like Butterscotch candy but spun up, not so much. I think I should have used more white. Then there are the yellow and black socks, the "Lithuanian Amber Socks" from Nancy Bush's book, Folk Socks. For the second sock, I reversed the colors, something I am doing a lot lately. I think I like the black one better.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bobbie Casey said...

Well, for me the yellow socks are a wonder. I know how much work it is to do colorwork, but socks, even more and tiny needles?
Pretty cool that they are different from each other.
I still love looking at the photo on your banner. So wanna be there!