Thursday, May 23, 2013

My New Truck and Other Things

I saw this metal truck at the grocery store parked next to some plants and other decorative objects. I knew I had to have it, but for some reason I kept passing it by. Yesterday, I went to town for a lunch date and while I was there, decided that it was going to be truck purchasing day. They were gone! OK, that is what I get for not buying it the minute I saw it. But wait. I will just walk down the whole front of the store just to make sure. And look. I found it. It was sitting on the ground surrounded by other things. It was bigger then I remembered, but it went straight into my cart and then home. I was so excited. Here it is. I plan to put a small plant in the back.






You thought I had forgotten about the Tassels, right? Well no. They were just in the chorus waiting for a chance to take step up to the foot lights. Here is the one I made this morning and I think it is Star material. I made it from some of my hand spun yarn--silk and rayon fabrics spun with "knots" and "flags". I added a couple of large pearl buttons and some hand rolled felt beads. The felt beads were fun and so when I finished the Tassel...
 
I made more of Beads out scraps from unsuccessful  projects. I have been looking for beads with larger holes. Most of the ones I make, are made on a knitting needle and have regular sized holes. These will be useful. Plus I used up some of those unloved patches I made a couple of years ago.

3 comments:

Bonnie M. Broussard said...

So cute! What plant are you going to put in it? Love the tassels and the beads too. You must have recovered :).

Bobbie Casey said...

wish it were here! Love it so much. You are incredibly busy, I see. Must write to you soooooon. These tassels are beyond.

karen said...

what a gorgeous post....amazing tassel and a truck. I am relieved for you that you managed to buy the truck. I do that. I dither and then things are gone.