Monday, July 1, 2013

Patches

This is sort of funny. Inspired by a swatch of Vintage embroidered net, and by a chapter in Mary Thomas' Embroidery Book, I decided to do some embroidery on net. I tacked a piece of white cotton to two layers of fine netting, and drew circles on it using a penny as a template. I then spent the weekend doing the embroidery and cutting away the background fabric. Crazy. The buttonhole stitching around the circles is too heavy. It makes the circles look like Girl Scout Merit badges. Of course I do deserve one after all that! I will try it again aiming to make the embroidery a little more delicate. Meanwhile, these circles on net look really interesting layered over another piece of embroidery..........

1 comment:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I love that book! So many stitches. SO little time!