Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pom Poms

 
 
Sometimes I spin a yarn that I have no use for or I use some of it but not all. Maybe it is too irregular. Maybe it is too bulky. Even if it would make a nice Cowl or Scarf, maybe I just don't want another one and have run out of people who might want one. This morning I thought, why not make big Pom Poms. So I did. I think it will be fun to have a basket of these in different sizes. I can think of lots of things to do with them. I wonder what would happen if I sprayed them with water and put them in the dryer. That should make them fluffier. I will let you know what happens!

3 comments:

Bobbie Casey said...

Sara, on the cover of Selvedge Magazine #3 is giant pom poms from a designer. It is gorgeous. I have the online edition of Selvedge along with many printed editions. This sparked me into doing just this that you are talking about. I have been wrapping white and black roving across my inkle loom at the smallest juncture and making cord from silk thread to tie them together. I steam these after I trim them. They are now go to hostess gifts. As usual you and I bounce off of each other even when I do not know it. I KEEP LOOKING AT the yarn you sent me as a gift and think about using it like this but I love it too much to use. The yarn is art in itself. It is on a glass shelf in my studio and I can see it every day. Maybe I will blog about this yarn of yours with a photo so everyone can see how pretty it is. Thank you.

ARTISUN said...

Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Sara. These are the best pompoms I've ever seen! Also loved your fancy socks and gloves--sooooo cool! Almost makes me want to knit again--but the temperatures are hitting the 70s so I can talk myself out of it!
best, nadia