Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Hooking


OK this Locker Hooking thing is getting out of hand. It is all Bobbie's fault. If you don't know her blog, she is at i didn't realeyes. I wish I could do that cool link thing, but I don't know how. You know where someone says "I saw that here" and you click on the "here" and go there. How cool is that! Anyway, I have finished one of these pieces of locker hooking and am now working on two more. I started on the red one and then remembered that I had a big trash bag full of bias cut fabric on rolls. I bought it years ago and made one crocheted rug out of it. I thought it would be perfect for this so I had to try it immediately. Actually, it was pretty amazing that I knew right where it was stored. The thing is though, I don't like that white rug canvas, so first I sprayed it with walnut ink. While I was at it, I sprayed the rest of the rug canvas on the red piece along with some sketch book pages. Some of the spray got on the hooked red fabric and it actually looked pretty cool, so that made me think it might be fun to spray the whole thing with something, but I haven't tried that yet. Maybe a light coat of that webbing spray or that stuff that makes it pearlized would be interesting. So anyway, I finally tried the bias cut rayon fabric and it works pretty well except it is cut 1" wide and that is not so easy to get through the mesh, especially on the edges where the mesh is folded over. Have you seen that tool that is called the Purple Thingy (or something like that). It is a useful thing to have around while locker hooking. All of this answers the question of what I was going to do today! I was thinking I would clean off my desk and pay some bills......
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bobbie Casey said...

You make me laugh! I really love it that we are such good friends! You just solved another problem for me. I love the walnut ink spraying thing.That really bothers me about the white canvas. It doesnt show with the yarn technique because it is so thick.
But the batik doesnt quite do it.
Sorry I didn't credit you with telling me how to do the silk cords. I will do that.
Hope you have a better today!