Monday, August 22, 2011

Ruffled Scarf

You may remember this yarn. I bought it as a coil of pencil roving, spun it and then plied it with itself. The roving was dyed in shades of blue grey, lime green, lavender and dark grey. I am thinking maybe I shouldn't have plied them together? Too late now.....
Here is the scarf I made from the yarn I spun. Aren't the colors strange? I don't know whether it is really horrid or I have just looked at it too long. Or maybe it is really cool and different? It is strange to me that the ball I wound off the spindle came out with the light blue on each end and the green and dark grey in the middle. The scarf is knit of the merino wool on size 3 needles.

2 comments:

Bobbie Casey said...

Sara, I actually like very much the two colors together, it makes for an interesting fiber to knit.
Love the string, too.

Bonnie M. Broussard said...

I like it, but then I think that that funky acid brownish green is nice with the hydrangea blue. If you don't like it send it here :). I also like the rhythm of you label names.