Friday, June 24, 2011

The Strawberry Thief


Lock your doors and bolt your windows. There is a Strawberry Thief abroad. A very generous friend of mine shared some beautiful chocolate covered strawberries with me. There were three of them, one for each person in the household. I put the giant strawberries in the refrigerator tucked toward the back in an opaque plastic bag. I didn't mention them to anyone. We were going out to eat and I thought we might have them later. But, as fate would have it, we were all complaining on the way home about too much to eat, so I still didn't say anything about the strawberries. We all retired to our rooms for the night. This morning, after I returned from my exercise class, I was preparing to go out to my studio and thought I would show them to my Mom's caregiver, they might like one for lunch. There were no strawberries to be found! All three of the huge strawberries had disappeared. I looked everywhere in disbelief. I guess my Mom ate them for a midnight snack, a tasty breakfast or perhaps both? If you are a follower of my blog, you know that this is not uncommon. She of course denied knowledge of any strawberries and said that someone must have taken them. So, bar your doors and seal your windows.
There is a Strawberry Thief about!

No comments: