Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ball Buttons

I finally finished my ball buttons for Karen's class. For some reason, these took me forever. I had a hard time keeping them even and now, looking at them close-up in this photo, I can see all the mistakes! The large one (the knobby pumpkin) is about three quarters of an inch and the small one is about half an inch. I used a cotton crochet thread that constantly knotted and twisted. Why did I start the second one (the smaller) with the same thread? You would think I would have learned something from the first one.

2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I love these! Looks like an interesting technique. Like a basket or something.

Bonnie M. Broussard said...

The big one does look like one of our knobbly pumpkins! Still, you did learn something because even with the same thread the smaller one looks smoother :).