Friday, November 25, 2011

Sewing Strips

12"x15"


Rayna Gillman's new book, Create Your Own Free Form Quilts came the day before Thanksgiving. I had a hard time baking my pies! I just wanted to play with strips. Rayna's book is fun to read as it makes me feel like we are just having a conversation. Have I done strip piecing before? Well yes, but this is a different way to approach it and I am having a ball. I have sort of been hanging on to my hand dyed or printed fabric--afraid to cut into them, but after I read what Rayna says about the great garage sale in the sky, I cut right into several of them. Big fun. So I made the piece in the photo (no title yet) and hand quilted it last night. I started sewing more strip sets this morning. Oh and printing some fabric.........   

5 comments:

deanna7trees said...

i love it. especially like those skinny little winding paths.

D. Jean Quarles said...

Very interesting look!

Lisa K said...

Looks great! I'm looking forward to reading Rayna's book - I haven't yet received mine.

Rayna said...

Big grin, Sara! I LOVE what you did with that little piece. Addictive, isn't it?! Thanks for your post; I am having way too much fun with my leftovers, but never enough time to play extensively. Sigh...

Karen S Musgrave said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Karen