Monday, November 14, 2011

Wool Market

On Saturday, I went to the Central Texas Wool Market with my husband and a friend. I had no idea it would be so big. After we had been all through one big barn like building, chock full of everything having to do with fiber, my husband said, "There are two more buildings." What! And there were. It was great fun. I saw a few people I knew and walked around with my mouth hanging open like a country bumpkin. I didn't buy any wool or yarn etc. You may recall that I just bought several bags of roving at the thrift store. You might say I am overstocked. I did buy the coolest little loom. My husband spied it it at a woodworking booth. It is shaped like the letter "I". After I warp it, I will take a picture to show you. Before we left, we went to see the Llamas. There were some children from 4H showing their Llamas and that was a delight. The children were really small and they were leading those Llamas around on their harnesses with all the confidence in the world. I have always heard that Llamas are kind of mean, but these Llamas and children were all very sweet together. I came home inspired to spin and so I did. The photos above are the result. There is another piece too but it is still drying. I learned some things by watching the spinning demos and I think I am getting better!

1 comment:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Oh it must have been divine! I love the smell of lots of wool. All that lanolin in one place!