Thursday, October 6, 2011

Completed Puzzle


I thought I would show you what I did with the knitted/crocheted "puzzle" pieces that I shared earlier. I thought of several things to do with them, but most of them involved making a lot more pieces and my short attention span did not find that appealing. Also, I don't really need a blanket and I wouldn't wear a sweater or have much use for another shawl. So, a scarf was a good solution. It is funky enough to appeal to me, but not too funky to wear in my small Texas town. It didn't take me very long to complete, so the pieces weren't hanging about getting dusty. I like it. I might even make another. If you would like to make one too, here is what you do:

Collect a basket full of yarns that look nice together.
Pick out a pair of knitting needles and a crochet hook that will work with most of your yarns.
(I used size 3 needles)
Put them in your basket along with some scissors.
Take the basket wherever you go.
Start making shapes. Have fun.
Put them together to make a long strip.
 (A design wall is handy for this.)
Put it around your neck and go out on the town!

I think this is the first time I have written a "tutorial". What do you think?

Oh and by the way, I joined my shapes with a crocheted zig-zag that I really liked.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Robin Olsen said...

This is such funky fun! Thanks for sharing your steps. I made baskets a while ago with a funky crochet method similar to this--now I want one of these scarves! Nice blog!