Friday, October 7, 2011

A Prize Winner

My machine embroidery, Butterfly Totem was given an award last night at the opening of the Fiber Arts show in San Antonio. I received the Warrior Award and I have already forgotten everything about it except that it is given by a private individual. I was also lucky enough to get to talk to the judge, Ilze Aviks in person and her opinions were very helpful. It was a great show with interesting work. A piece by Susie Monday took first place.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOw beautiful, Sara. We need a "field trip" to your studio to see this and some of your other work that you don't bring to KACC.

Congratulations on your award!

Susan Longacre

Bonnie McClellan-Broussard said...

congratulations! This was my favorite too ;). I'm glad that you had a chance to speak with the judge and that you went to the opening.